Jason Spisak, why do you insist on being so perfect?
The “screaming” stage just separated, now the thrusters for the “crying into oblivion” stage have fired.
Seriously, this was completely unexpected. Multiple people re-blogged my comic saying something along the lines of, “Jason should totally read this/YouTube it.” I thought, “Heh, yeah, that would be cool, but pretty sure that’s not gonna happen, guys, sorry.”
Then @ellohir shared my comic with Jason on Twitter. He liked it! That was satisfying enough for me, and I was delighted to have brought some joy to the fans.
Next thing I know, Kim’s messaging me and Tumblr/Twitter explodes: “JASON SPISAK NARRATED YOUR COMIC.” My reaction:
Got home, watched the video, and pretty much sat there freaking out.
A phone call and some affle gaffling later, I am now sitting here like this:
Guys, this is fantastic. Please, everyone go thank Mr. Spisak for doing this for us. Right now the fandoms seem to be pretty down and close to giving up. Please, whenever you feel like you’re losing hope, watch the video. Remember there are still plenty of us fighting for these shows. Remember how awesome the crews and the cast are. Remember that we are in this together.
All will be well.
Symbiosi, you guys … we have to keep hope.
- The closest I could find on Amazon to the watercolour set I use is the Sakura brand of Koi Assorted WaterColours Field Set.
- Just use any old toothbrush. I used to use the ones that my dentist would give me after a visit, just because those were kind of cheap and I wouldn’t actually use them anyways.
- I use acrylic for flicking and highlights because watercolour-whites tend to fade when they dry.
- Also, remember to keep your hands clean, because nothing’s worse than smudging graphite into your watercolours and then unable to get it out.
- Try to avoid black and white when possible. They tend to dull the colours and it loses that watercolouring lustre.
Since I started watercolouring again for my daily sketches, I’ve gotten a lot of asks/dA notes on if I could give a tutorial on watercolouring and also more specific questions that overlapped each other, so I decided to do a semi guide/tips/answering thing.
I actually started watercolouring before I went into digital medium, so I have a bit of personal experience, but I am essentially self-taught when it comes to watercolouring since there weren’t a lot of watercolour tutorials online back then to begin with, so I cannot promise that these are the absolute correct way of doing things.
Hope it helps anyways :)
I’d like to think Aya and Razer can be capable of making and/or adopting both organic children and mecha children someday. (`v`) Because fandom is freedom and I love all these baby headcanons omggg.
But not without Razer saying an insensitive thing as always, and then ruining everyone’s day.